These forums are archived!
Please create a new account at our new forums here: http://forum.modifiedelectricscooters.com
ModifiedElectricScooters.com

TOYMASTERS of RED BANK, Inc.
TOLL-FREE (877) 456-8697
Razor, Peg Perego, Little Tikes, Safety First and more Parts and Service.
ONLY $6.99 shipping on all orders to lower 48 States

RedBankToys.com
:: Razor & Peg Perego etc Upgrades, Modifications, how to fix
Home | My Files | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | RSS allows you to view new posts anywhere!!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Personal Stuff - Introductions, forsale, reviews!
 Project Pages!
 My Razor E300S Adventure
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Taggard
Starting Member

Rochester
NY
USA

4 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2010 :  04:51:06  Show Profile
So I ordered my E300S from Walmart for $188. Not as cheap as some of the craiglist deals I have seen some people pick up, but my local craigslist only had a used E200 with no back wheel for $100, so I felt I did ok. It should be here in a few days, so I have some time to think about what I want to do with it once I get it.

I have figured out my goals and they are as follows:

• Reach top speeds of 15-20mph on a flat run.

• Require minimal kick assist on all but the most steep of inclines.

• Get me (220lbs) to and from work (2.2 mile round trip) each day with only one 7 hour charge per day (at work).

• As a bonus, I would like to cut down on the weight of the thing.

To that end I intend to try the following things:

• Stock configuration. I don't think this will work, but I am going to fine tune the base model (inflate tires, lubricate the chain, etc.) and run with it for a week.

• Overvolt the motor. I want to go to 36v, and drop some lighter batteries into the pan. I figure this needs a new controller, and maybe a new throttle. I am willing to put some money into this, especially if it means no fabrication, and a lighter scooter. I also want to be able to plug it in without removing the deck, so that probably means some custom charging solution.

• Play with the sprockets. Not sure what I need to do here. I am less concerned with top speed as I am with getting my weight up hills.

• Get a bigger motor. This is my last resort. I really want to avoid this, as I haven't read of a mod that did this without some fabrication work...which I really want to avoid.

So, any suggestions??? I am most interested in thoughts on the lighter 36v battery solution. I wish someone just made a 36v conversion kit for the E300. I would buy it in a second. I am probably willing to spend as much as double the scooter for a good 36v solution...so what batteries would you get if money were no object?

Also, what am I missing? I have read a lot of the E300 mod posts on the forum, and I think this sounds like a lot of fun...

Taggard
Starting Member

Rochester
NY
USA

4 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2010 :  06:38:36  Show Profile
Ok, so I am looking at this battery: http://cgi.ebay.com/LiFePO4-36V-10AH-Lithium-Iron-Battery-Pack-e-bike_W0QQitemZ200456754680QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2eac2755f8#ht_2030wt_937

Comes with a charger...I figure I can rig something up so I can use the standard port. Any worries??? I see it has a BMS so it won't blow up on me. Only $199.

Thoughts???
Go to Top of Page

Uncle D
AdvancedModder

Kailua Kona
H
USA

876 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2010 :  10:57:34  Show Profile  Visit Uncle D's Homepage  Send Uncle D a Yahoo! Message
Did you end up buy this battery pack/charger combo? Does it say $100 shipping for you as well?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: